Frappuccino Fridays: Cinnamon Dolce
Happy Frappuccino Friday once again! I’ve been really enjoying these end-0f-the-week treats, and I hope you have been too. So far, we’ve indulged in Java Chip, Hazelnut, Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brulée, Green Tea Cream, Chai Crème and Double Chocolate Chip. That’s quite a list!
Today, I bring you another one of my favourite flavours: Cinnamon Dolce. This sweet and creamy beverage is a simple blend of bold, dark-roasted coffee, coconut milk and ice, but the flavour is heightened with ground cinnamon and Medjool dates, then it’s topped with heavenly coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
It is such a warming flavour on this cooler summer morning. And sipping it in this particular mug makes me feel so Game of Thrones. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Dolce frappuccino
Yield: 1 serving
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 (13.5oz) can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 to 3 tsp agave nectar or other sweetener
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
For the frappuccino:
- 1/2 cup strong coffee, chilled
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ice cubes
- To make the coconut whipped cream, scoop the cream from the top of the can of coconut milk, reserving the water at the bottom of the can for other uses.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the coconut cream until smooth and fluffy. Add sweetener and vanilla seeds and continue to whip until incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use. (This can be made a day ahead, if desired.)
- To make the frappuccino, blend together all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frothy. Pour into a tall glass, top with coconut whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon and serve!