Coconut joy truffles + giveaway winner
I must first apologize for my lateness in announcing the winner of my recent 30-Day Vegan Challenge giveaway. I should have posted on Friday but I seem to have got caught up in holiday parties, entertaining and gift-making. All excuses aside, I hope the winner enjoys her subscription to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau‘s fabulous new online program.
The winner is Shani! Congratulations. Please email me at nicole [at] adashofcompassion.com so I can get you set up.
While I’m here, I thought I’d share a quick and easy recipe that is great for holiday parties and gifts. These were included in October’s Treat of the Month Club. I hope you enjoy them as much as our club members did!
Coconut joy truffles
- 3 cups shredded coconut (medium desiccated)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 6 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 2/3 cup melted cacao butter
- 2/3 cup cacao powder, sifted
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Using a high-speed blender or spice grinder, blend 2 cups of the shredded coconut to a fine meal. Pour it into a large bowl and mix in the remaining filling ingredients.
- Form the mixture into small balls about 1 tablespoon each and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
- To make the chocolate coating, whisk all coating ingredients together until smooth.
- When the coconut balls are hardened, dip each one in the chocolate coating and place back on the cookie sheet. Return to the fridge so the coating can firm up. Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
To melt the coconut butter and cacao butter, place in a shallow bowl over a pot of simmering water or warm in a dehydrator at 110F until melted. Take care not to overheat.