Mango pudding parfaits

I love all kinds of fruit and, for the most part, I don’t discriminate between them. I’ll eat fruit when it’s at its best, local and in season, and sometimes even when it’s not, and so you can imagine how happy I was to see fruit being used in a number of entries to the recent Raw Ice Cream Sandwich Challenge. You can bet I’ll be trying more of these fabulous recipes very soon.

But I have to admit, there are times when I play fruit favourites. On a hot summer’s day, for example, it’s a juicy, ripe mango that will undoubtedly win me over. If you’re looking for a sweet pick-me-up on a sunny afternoon, this mango pudding parfait recipe is a showcase of mango sweetness at its finest. Did I mention it’s easy to make, too?

Print Print Save Save

Mango pudding parfaits

Yield: 2 servings

For the mango pudding:

• 1 large mango, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
    • 6 oz. firm silken tofu (1/2 package of Mori Nu)
    • 2 tbsp agave nectar
    • 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

For the coconut cream:

• 6 oz. firm silken tofu (1/2 package of Mori Nu)
    • 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
    • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    • 2 tbsp agave nectar

For the coco-nut topping:

• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free, if necessary)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 tbsp hemp hearts
  • 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted

For the mango pudding:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to firm up.

For the coconut cream:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to firm up.

For the coco-nut topping:

1. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, pecans, oats, coconut, hemp hearts and cardamom.
    2. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and stir until the nut mixture is well coated.
    3. Put the bowl in the freezer until hardened, about 20 minutes.

To assemble:

1. Divide the mango cream between 2 parfait glasses. Next, add the coconut cream, then add the coco-nut topping. Slice up additional mango for garnish, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

11 Responses to “Mango pudding parfaits”

1. Emma — July 7, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

What a scrummy summer treat. I bet even the mango pudding layer on its own is good.

2. Noelle — July 7, 2011 @ 6:45 pm

DAng, that looks super yummy! Good-looking parfait!

3. peasoupeats — July 7, 2011 @ 10:49 pm

beautiful, just beautiful. sorry i didn't enter the sandwich comp – time ran away with me this month:(

4. foodfeud — July 8, 2011 @ 2:46 am

That looks gorgeous! I'm a big fan of mango too. Great idea to mostly "flavor" the coconut cream – coconut milk is too rich for me but mixing coconut with tofu sounds perfect.

5. Nicole — July 8, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

peasoupeats: No worries. Maybe next time? :)

foodfeud: Thanks! The coconut cream turned out really well, with a much more subtle coconut flavour. I think it would be good with any fruit or even granola.

6. VeganLisa — July 10, 2011 @ 2:20 am

Those glasses are gorgeous! What an impressive dessert to serve up to friends or to savour on your cottage deck.

xo

7. Jess - The Domestic Vegan — July 12, 2011 @ 12:32 am

This recipe looks fantastic! I love pretty much anything mango-related, and I know I would love this!

Beautiful pic, too!

8. The Blissful Chef — July 19, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

Mangoes were on sale at Whole Foods yesterday. Hope they still are today because I want to make this divine pudding!

9. Emma — February 18, 2013 @ 9:31 am

So it turns out I do end up making recipes bookmarked years ago! The result of a small mango waiting to be eaten, me wanting to make a special dessert and a quick search for “mango” in my bookmarks :) This was FABULOUS!! This was the best dessert I’ve had in some time, no doubt…sweet but not too sweet, rich but not too much so, creamy, zingy…
    As I only had a small mango I halved the recipe but it still made 2 very sizeable portions

• Nicole replied: — February 18th, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

Your lovely comment makes me want to make this pudding again! Thanks for your feedback. I’m so glad you enjoyed it!