Raw cake pop challenge!
It seems we all love a good challenge. Lisa and I have decided our idea for a raw cake pop challenge is a go! I hope you’re as excited as we are to create a raw vegan version of the ever-popular cake pop, because you’ve got four weeks to get creative and enter to win some amazing prizes.
How to enter: [This contest is over. Thanks to everyone who entered!]
1. Create your own version of a cake pop, using only raw vegan ingredients (this can include pure maple syrup). Your cake pop should include a “cake” filling as well as a coating. The flavours are totally up to you so feel free to be creative! You can pick up the little sticks at bulk stores, craft stores or specialty baking stores.
2. Blog about your cake pop creation, including the full recipe and photos, and then come back and let me know via the comment section below. Remember to leave a link back to your post, which Lisa and I will check out and judge. We will also grab one of your photos to include in the entries roundup post at the end of the challenge.
3. To be entered in the challenge you need to post your entry by Friday, April 29, 2011 at midnight. Lisa and I will look through all the entries and narrow them down, using the criteria below, to three finalists. We will recreate the three finalist recipes, host a tasting party with friends and select a winner.
- Enticing flavour profile
- Creativity of your cake pop and ingredients
- Overall presentation
- The three finalists will be in a feature post on my blog and and Lisa’s (we will recreate the recipes and photograph them).
- First Place winner will receive a package of raw vegan essentials and some sweet treats created by us.
Thanks to Gibbs-Smith Publisher,
- Second Place winner will receive a copy of Everyday Raw Desserts by Matthew Kenney
- Third Place winner will receive a copy of Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney
We can’t wait to see what you create. Have fun and good luck!